A new report from London First and PwC has revealed that international students have a positive impact on the UK economy.
According to the research:
- International students in London bring a net benefit of £2.3 billion to the UK economy.
- They support nearly 70,000 jobs in London because of the money they spend here.
- It is not true that international students are a burden to our public services, such as the NHS. They contribute a total of £2.8 billion through the spending they bring to the country, while only consuming £540 million in public spending.
- 60% of international students including alumni said they are more likely to do business with the UK as a result of studying here.
- London’s Higher Education system is an export success story, with 92% of students saying that they would recommend studying in the UK to their friends and family.