Richmond Chambers LLP invites applications from law graduates looking to gain or further their experience of immigration law to join our team.
Richmond Chambers LLP is an award-winning partnership of specialist immigration barristers. Established in 2013 as the first barrister-only immigration law firm, our barristers specialise in all aspects of personal and business immigration law, including investment migration, family migration, skilled migration, sponsor licensing and compliance, EEA free movement, nationality law and human rights. Our clients include private individuals and corporates, both within the UK and overseas.
We undertake the full range of privately funded immigration work, from preparing initial applications to the Home Office through to administrative reviews, appeals and judicial reviews before the immigration tribunals and higher courts. All our barristers share a core commitment to providing high quality immigration law advice and representation directly to members of the public.
Chambers currently has 15 barrister members and 3 pupils, supported by a team of 5 legal associates and 5 business services professionals.
We are currently recruiting legal associates to join our immigration team. This is an exciting opportunity for those looking to gain or further experience of the modern immigration bar.
You will work closely with, and in support of, our immigration barristers, assisting with visa applications, immigration appeals and judicial reviews across all areas of personal and business immigration law. Your responsibilities will vary, according to your level of previous experience, but may include: legal research, drafting, attending conferences, attending hearings and providing general casework administrative support. Our focus on direct access immigration work means that you will have a high level of client contact and responsibility from day one.
Chambers offers a friendly and supportive working environment. Our legal associates receive excellent training from both the barristers that they work alongside and through attending in-house and external training courses.
Our legal associates are eligible to apply for pupillage and have previously been successful in our open pupillage competitions. However, employment as a legal associate does not guarantee an offer of pupillage. We do not offer training contracts.
The successful applicant(s) will:
- have a good academic background with a minimum 2.1 degree, preferably in Law;
- be able to demonstrate an interest in and commitment to the field of immigration law;
- have a positive attitude;
- have excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- be able to maintain high professional standards of work, including working to strict deadlines.
The following are desirable but not essential:
- completed the BPTC or LPC;
- previous experience as a senor caseworker and/or current level 2 IAAS accreditation;
- language skills, especially Mandarin, Russian and/or Arabic.
What We Offer
Compensation packages can be tailored to individual needs and circumstances, but our legal associates typically enjoy the following:
- a competitive annual salary paid monthly;
- 20 days paid holiday, increasing by 1 day per year to a maximum of 25 days (plus bank holidays);
- unlimited unpaid leave;
- annual interest free travel loan;
- subscriptions to online practitioner resources fully paid;
- training, by both in-house and external providers;
- discretionary budget available to fund ongoing professional development;
- membership of a pension scheme;
- access to a benefits in kind scheme.
How To Apply
Applications should be made by way of covering letter and CV addressed to our HR & Compliance Manager, Nancy Holland, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 4pm on Friday, 2 February 2018. Applications submitted without a covering letter will not be considered. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date then you may assume that your application has not been successful. Due to the high number of applications that we receive it will not be possible to provide individual feedback.
Richmond Chambers LLP is an equal opportunities employer and complies with both the SRA and BSB equality and diversity guidelines.