Settlement in the UK
If you wish to live in the UK permanently then you will have to apply to the Home Office for indefinite leave to remain. The length of time and the requirements that you have to meet vary depending on the category of visa that you have currently.
Our immigration barristers & lawyers are able to advise and assist on settlement in the following categories:
- Points Based System;
- Work permits;
- Spouses, civil partners and unmarried / same-sex partners;
- Children and other dependent relatives;
- EEA citizens and family members (‘permanent residence’)
- Long residence;
- Asylum and humanitarian protection;
- Discretionary leave to remain.
In some cases you will have to show that you have passed the Life in the UK Test or a course in English for Speakers of Other Languages (With Citizenship), and that you have no unspent convictions.